Over the previous ten years, the Conference has become the highest caliber event covering Russian and CIS agricultural sector. It features the most qualified speakers, attendance of the highest ranking agribusiness executives, and a large productive capacity (since inception, the «land bank» of attending companies increased from 2.7 (inception year) to 6,5 MHA (2018) of arable land.
The conference is meant for big and biggest agricultural producers, ag inputs manufacturers, dealers and distributors, financiers, insurers, agricultural and agribusiness investors, policy makers.
The purpose of the Conference is to create the platform where agricultural producers and their counterparts along the vertical supply chain meet together and have a complex discussion on opportunities and challenges of the upcoming crop marketing year and the years ahead.
Farmland, farm, and agribusiness investments: why Russia?
- 112 MHA of arable land
- Including 76 MHA of perennial crop farmland
- Land lease: up to 49 years
- Unlike neighboring Ukraine and Kazakhstan land market has been evolving for more than ten years: millions of hectares are already in hands of private owners and investors, including truly foreign companies
- Land: still substantially undervalued regarding margin/price
- Foreigners: full rights to land lease, have right to buy land if establish Russian company: more than 2.7 MHA is already under control of foreign operators, including 1 MHA in ownership
- Competitive advantage in small grains production: highest wheat and corn yields CAGR among all key competitors. 2014/15: record high country’s wheat export; 2015/16 another wheat export record; 2016/17: another wheat and all grains export record; 2017/18: strongest chances to become the biggest world wheat exporter.
- Aggressively growing niche and less-developed industry branches, such as pulses, commercial vegetables, greenhouses, etc.
- Aggressively growing commercial animal protein sector: an incredible 14+% CAGR in commercial poultry and swine sectors during 2004-2017 period
- Strong state support to agriculture
- One of biggest European food consumption markets
- Sanctions and counter-sanctions have been painful for both sides, but, paradoxically, created new strong opportunities for many domestic ag production and processing sectors
WHERE the MARGIN IS 2019: Post release, photogallery 1, 2, 3, press, participants, speakers, sponsors, program and media partners.
Union of Russian Agribusiness Associations ASSAGROS