Over the previous five years, the Conference has become the highest caliber event covering Russian and CIS agricultural sector. It features the most qualified speakers, attendance of the highest ranking agribusiness executives, and a large productive capacity (since inception, the «land bank» of attending companies increased from 2.7 to 5.2 MHA of arable land).
The conference is meant for big and biggest agricultural producers, ag inputs manufacturers, dealers and distributors, financiers, insurers, agricultural and agribusiness investors, policy makers.
The purpose of the Conference is to create the platform where agricultural producers and their counterparts along the vertical supply chain meet together and have a complex discussion on opportunities and challenges of the upcoming crop marketing year and the years ahead.
Main topics of Conference:
- Sanctions, anti-sanctions, macroeconomics: what are the resultant vectors for domestic agricultural players
Who is to win, who is to lose. Discuss together: how to squeeze out maximum and not to lose minimum
- World agriculture: situation and outlook
- Regional and crop margins: lessons to be learned from the past seasons and scenario forecast for 2015/16
- Big data seriously and forever: high-tech in agriculture
How to keep up with global context. First big public discussion in Russia with participation of reputable foreign experts
- Government regulation of agriculture: most painful topics
As usual, open discussion with participation of key leaders of Russian agribusiness associations, agribusinessmen, government employees
Farmland, farm, and agribusiness investments: why Russia?
- 112 MHA of arable land
- Including 70 MHA of perennial crop farmland
- Land lease: up to 49 years
- Unlike neighboring Ukraine and Kazakhstan land market has been evolving for more than ten years: millions of hectares are already in hands of private owners and investors
- Land: still substantially undervalued regarding margin/price
- Foreigners: full rights to land lease, have right to buy land if establish Russian company: more than 2.7 MHA is already under control of foreign operators, including 1 MHA in ownership
- Competitive advantage in small grains production: number 2 to 4 world wheat exporter, highest wheat yields CAGR among all key competitors. 2014/15: to be record high country’s wheat export
- Aggressively growing niche and less-developed industry branches, such as pulses, commercial vegetables, greenhouses, etc.
- Aggressively growing commercial animal protein sector: an incredible 15+% CAGR in commercial poultry and swine sectors during 2004-2014 period
- Strong state support to agriculture
- One of biggest European food consumption markets
- Sanctions are painful, but paradoxically, create new strong opportunities for many domestic ag production and processing sectors
Materials of the previous conferences "Where the margin is"
Union of Russian Agribusiness Associations ASSAGROS